Monday, April 11, 2005

I Hope You Die three times

No one will deny that the Bloodhound Gang was absolute crap but somehow still fun music. "Hooray for Boobies" was actually probably the best you could make out of punk in the nineties: Just plain fun music without much sense. This is punk rock music completely disposed of any punk ideology which, at that time, was hopelessly dead anyway. Take Blink 182 or a random nineties band who are similar to them as a negative counter-example to this.

So, the lyrics for "I Hope You Die" are just ridiculous. If you saw a Ramones song called like that, you'd expect something different, and you would be right on that. There's a more shocker-based version by 16 Bit Slaughter (or just Bit Slaughter? I couldn't find any info on them or him or her on the web) though, for all those of you who are looking for some medium anger (the lyrics are the same ridiculous ones, so if you want hardcore anger, take something else). A bit cheap, but I like it. And finally, there's a nice mash-up of this song with Fatboy Slim/Macy Gray's "Demons" by Fettdog which is partly out of key, but. Available on Fettdog's site.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, but you clearly completely missed the point of The Bloodhound Gang.

9:47 PM  
Blogger jackut said...

What, so you actually think they were SERIOUS?

5:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, sorry, I was referring to your first paragraph. Of course that song isn't serious, but I don't think any of them are. I also wouldn't call the band or HFB punk really, they/it cover/s so many different genres.

And yes, they are mainly just a fun band, but I don't think it's accurate to say that their music is 'without much sense' because the lyrics are, for the most part, very clever, intelligent, witty and well thought out.

Just my two cents.

11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

punk in the 90's. alright, many would argue that punk was dead. i would argue agaisnt you that bloodhound gang was far from punk, same goes for blink 182. there was good punk int he 90's. Against Me for example, an excelent group from florida that still tours today, as well as This Bike is a Pipe Bomb. true punk has not dissapered, it has stayed where its always been, in basements, garages, small bars, and other trashy venues. when was real punk on the radio. The Sex pistols were never played hugely,, nor were the ramones or the dead kennedys. to compare what is played now to true punk and say that is the only thing out there is simply shortsited,

www.plan-it-x.com there is punk. and some of the last of it

11:12 AM  
Blogger 122272 said...

Interesting blog you have here, I landed here on accident. I was searcing for something else and came across your site. I found it pretty interesting and entertaining. I got you book marked.

I will pop back in from time to time to see what you have new here.

My site is a bit different than yours, but just as entertaining and educational, I run a penis enlargement reviews related site pertaining to penis enlargement reviews related articles.

12:41 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

great site .

11:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you die in pain because you wish others to stay in pain.

DeathandPopcorn
Dating Advice

2:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you die in pain because you wish others to stay in pain.

DeathandPopcorn
Dating Advice

2:54 AM  
Anonymous Darksky Alaskan Malamutes said...

Thanks for that, it's great to see a slightly different persepective on the topic.
BTW have you seen my new pup from Darksky Alaskan Malamutes? He's really a great pup.
Have a great day

George

7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home